Minutes of the Meetings of the International Board during the XXX International Physics Olympiads in Padova, July 18th-27th 1999
Albania(*), Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan(*), Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia & Hercegovina, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Chinese Taipei, Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, The Czechlands, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Great Britain, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Iran, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Liechtenstein(*), Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia(*), The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Korea, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkmenistan(*), Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vietnam, Yugoslavia.
Three countries were represented by observers:
Armenia, Brazil and Pakistan.
The best score (49.8 points) was achieved by Konstantin Kravtsov from Russia (Absolute winner of the XXX IPhO). The second and third were Serguei Syritsyn from Russia (47.6 points) and Sadegh Dabiri from Iran (47.4 points). The following limits for awarding the medals and the honourable mention were established according to the Statutes:
Gold Medal 43 points, Silver Medal 37 points, Bronze Medal 31 points, Honourable Mention 24 points.
According to the limits 30 Gold Medals, 71 Silver Medals, 54 Bronze Medals and 57 Honourable Mentions were awarded. The list of the scores of the winners and the students awarded with honourable mentions were distributed to all the delegations.
* for the best score (Absolute winner)
* for the Absolute winner (Special grant of the Lion Club "Vienna Belvedere")
* for five best total scores (Prizes of Venice Province):
* for the most original solution to the theoretical problem no. 1:
* for the most original solution to the theoretical problem no. 2:
* for the most original solution to the theoretical problem no. 3:
* for the most original solution to the experimental problem:
* for the best participant from the host country (Grant of the Italian Physical Society):
* for the best participant from the countries which joined the IPhO in 1999 (Prize of the President of the IPhOs):
* for the three best participants from the countries which joined the IPhO in 1999 (Grant of the Lions Club of District 108 TA-3):
Dr. Guliana Cavaggioni
General Manager of the 30th IPhO
Dr. Waldemar Gorzkowski
President of the IPhOs
Prof. Maija Ahtee
Secretary of the IPhOs