Clickers and iPads
The link to the Booking system: Clickers and iPads
Instructions for booking and use of the vehicles and boats
- The vehicles and boats are only for the use of the staff of the Department of Biological and Environmental Science!!
- The project will be charged for the use and driving is restricted to the persons who have a permit to drive!
- The vehicles and boats booking system is in Korppi. Please read the instructions first and after that go through the link into the Korppi booking system. Note! The terminolgy in Korppi is made for booking classrooms, don't get confused, eg. car or boat = classroom, etc.
- Here is the link to the booking system:
- Change the week if necessary
- Select from the drop list the appropriate vehicle or boat (classroom)
- Select the day and the hour, in which you want the booking to begin by clicking [+]
- Log in to Korppi with you JYUNET user id and passwod
- Choose a personal event and click [Next>>]
- Write the project number or the section number to the field Description, IMPORTANT!!
- Book for one day and use "repeat event" for longer reservation (so you can remove extra days if you need less than expected) and click [Next>>]
- Select the appropriate vehicle or boat and click [Next>>]
- Check tha details (description, begin, end, location = vehicle or boat) and click [create an event and book a classroom]
- Check the booking in the calender is correct
- And at last: Remember to cancel the booking if, after all, you don't need the vehicle or the boat!!
Removing the booking
- Click in the calendar the link "Description"
- Click the link "Deleting an event"
Click [remove the event and the classroom booking]
- Check that the booking has really disappeared from the calender
If needed, plaese ask for more instructions or help from Juha Ahonen.
Instructions to use the vehicles
Permit to drive
Only persons having a confirmed driving permit are entitled to use department's cars!
The permit is granted by the departmental coordinator. Please read the instructions and fill the application form. The forms are available also in room D311.1
The number of users of the departmental cars should be limited. These cars should only be used for work-related business. Passengers should be University employees; only in special circumstances other passengers are allowed, in which case the transport should be for teaching or research purposes.
The project leader should ensure, before the signing the application, that the driver is capable, has a valid driver’s license, and is familiar with Finnish driving regulations and culture. It is the project leader’s responsibility also to ensure that the driver is capable of driving with a trailer attached to the car if a trailer is required.
The driver's logbook has parts A and B. The notes to the logbook have to be made clearly!
- To part A is to be accurately marked the information asked. Also the kilometers are to be marked here.
- The section and project are to be marked to the column in question.
- The part B is used for refueling information.
- The receipts are to be put to the plastic folder between the driver's logbook or are to be returned with the keys.
- VW Caddy has 5 seats (or 7 seats if you put the extra back seat kept in the garage)
- VW Caddy Maxi has 7 seats (in case more space is needed for the stuff the back seat can be taken off and 5 seats will be awailable)
- Landfill-gas-car has 7 seats and is used only for passenger transports, and which is also used by the staff of the chemistry department (Note! When planning the reservation, please check out the locations of the landfill gas stations!)
- Toyota HiAce is a three-seater van
- Ford Transit is a three-seater van
- Konnevesi Research Station's cars (booking at the Research Station)
In the garage there are parking slots for the department's cars and the cars should always be returned to the garage. HiAce is too high for the garage and it is parked between the D-block and the storehouse where there are two parking slots for the department.
The keys are to be fetched from the mail-box for the car keys in the copy room on the
C3-floor. The keys must be returned straight away when the vehicle is no longer needed.
- The price is 28 cents/kilometer. For teaching related purposes, the price is 5 cents/kilometer.
The payer is either the division or a project fund by a third part. The invoicing is based on the driven kilometers. The projects which don't have any available funds can apply permission to drive at division's expense from the head of the section. For the sake of invoicing it is important to mark the project number or division's code to the booking system's further information section when doing the booking.
- When returning the car there should be at least half of the gasoline left, otherwise the car is to be refueled. The landfill gas car should ALWAYS be returned with the full tank of gas!!
- The instructions for fueling the landfill gas car
- When refueling it is good practice to check the oil and the washing liquid for the windscreen and add them if needed.
- The car must be kept clean and no items not belonging there should be left in the car!
- The passenger transport cars must not be used for animal transport in any circumstances!
- The possible malfunctions and deficiencies must be reported promptly.
Instructions for boats
Authorization for using the boats
Only the staff members having a confirmed driving permit are entitled to use department's boats! Only persons having undergone an orientation course are entitled to drive Hydra and Faster boats or take passengers to the boat.
The permit is granted by the head of the department or the head of the Konnevesi Research Station. Please fill the application form for boats (in Finnish). The forms are available also in room D311.1. To get the permit you need to take part to the boat user training given by Olli Nousiainen and Timo Marjomäki or in Konnevesi Risto Latvanen, Jyrki Raatikainen and Janne Koskinen. You also need to have some previous experience on boating.
The Department boats should only be used for work-related business. Passengers should be University employees; only in special circumstances other passengers are allowed, in which case the transport should be for teaching or research purposes.
Other things to be taken into consideration
All the laws and regulations must be followed when using the boats.
When booking a boat you certify that:
- you are familiar with the laws and regulations concerning boating and you follow them
- you are familiar with the traffic regulations for waterborne traffic as well as the navigation and chart marks
- you are familiar with the hereby given rules for using the boats and you follow these rules
Smoking is not allowed in the motorboats.
If theri is going to be a delay in returning, please inform to the department.
If there is a driving log in the boat, please fill it.
The boat should be returned to the reserved place, in Mattilanniemi in the dock of the Hotel Alba there are two places for the university boats.