Feb 20, 2015
Finnish Language Test of Quality
- The Finnish Intermediate level test (CEFR levels B1 and B2) in the National Certificates of Language Proficiency language testing system has successfully passed the ALTE (Association of Language Testers in Europe) auditing process for the second time. As a sign of this, the test has been granted the ALTE Q-Mark until 2019. The mark can only be granted for ALTE members that in all respects fulfil the quality requirements and standards set for language tests.
Feb 20, 2015
Enhanced brain activation of dyslexic 3 graders as a sign of the better reading skills
- Recently, researchers at University of Jyväskylä department of psychology studied brain electric activation to speech
Feb 18, 2015
Osteoarthritis patients will benefit from jumping exercise
- Progressive high-impact training improved the patellar cartilage quality of the postmenopausal women who may be at risk of osteoporosis (bone loss) as well as at risk of osteoarthritis.
Feb 13, 2015
Technology changing teacher’s role
- Along with technological development, traditional teaching methods have been challenged by various technologically enhanced teaching and learning methods.
Jan 26, 2015
Dissertation: Interactions and patterns between species diversity and genetic diversity
- M.Sc. Aapo Kahilainen defends his doctoral dissertation in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology ”Interactions and patterns between species diversity and genetic diversity” on 31 Jan 2015. Opponent Professor Nathan Sanders (University of Copenhagen) and custos Professor Janne Kotiaho (University of Jyväskylä). The event is in English.
Jan 08, 2015
The number of doctoral degrees exceeds the target again
- University has again exceeded the target for the number of doctoral degrees with 158 degrees. In total 1, 446 masters graduated from the University.
Jan 07, 2015
Dissertation: Laser Developments and High Resolution Resonance Ionization Spectroscopy of Actinide Elements
- M.Sc. Volker Sonnenschein defends his doctoral dissertation in Physics ”Laser Developments and High Resolution Resonance Ionization Spectroscopy of Actinide Elements” on 8 Jan 2015.
Jan 02, 2015
The journal Human Technology appoints new editor in chief, Dr. Pertti Hurme
- Dr. Pertti Hurme has been appointed the new editor in chief of Human Technology: An Interdisciplinary Journal on Humans in ICT Environments.
Dec 22, 2014
Peerage of Science signs agreement with Brill
- Peerage of Science has signed an agreement with Brill, academic publisher, to include their journals in The Select -service in Peerage of Science.