HR Strategy for Researchers Incorporating the Charter & Code, HRS4R
Self-assessment report and revised action plan finalised
The HRS4R Steering Group prepared two self-assessment reports:
1) one for the European Commission.plan which the University implements as of early 2016.
2) a more detailed version based on the University Quality Assurance model including more detailed information on the self-assessment process.
Self-assessment on 10 March 2015
The self-assessment took place on 10 March 2015, two years after the University received the EU acknowledgement 'HR Excellence in Research'. Thank you for every participant! The HRS4R Steering Group is processing the self-assessment report and updating the action plan.
In the self-assessment the progress of the Action Plan will be internally assessed implementing university's existing quality management methods. After the self-assessment we will provide a status report to the EU as well as update the action plan on the basis of the self-assessment results.
Materials for participants in the self-assessment
The participants in the self-assessment are kindly asked to get acquainted with the following material prior to the actual self-assessment on 10 March 2015. The self-assessment will commence at 8.00 (sharp) on 10 March in the T-building (4th floor, room T432) at Seminaarinmäki. Refreshements and lunch will be provided.
- Recording from the orientation session on Thursday 19 February 2015
- Orientation to HR Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), given in the orientation session on Thursday 19 Feb
- Information and instructions for the actual self-assessment day, given in the orientation session on Thursday 19 Feb
- Materials given in the orientation session on Thursday 19 Feb
The University of Jyvaskyla is progressing well with implementing the Action Plan. Take a look and check which actions have been completed and which still are underway by clicking the title.
HR Excellence in Research acknowledgement to the University of Jyväskylä (April 2013)
The University of Jyväskylä has received the right to use “HR Excellence in Research” logo. This is a remarkable recognition from EU for the University’s work related to the development of researchers’ professional competence and the attractiveness of research career. The recognition promotes, e.g. the recruitment of talented international researchers and doctoral students.
The recognition signals that the HR policy at the University of Jyväskylä can guarantee that the status of researchers at the University meets the EU targets. The position of researchers will be developed further in accordance with the principles of HR Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R). The University of Jyväskylä offers researchers a good and inspiring working environment, commits to fair and transparent recruitment and rewarding principles and promotes the principles of the European Charter For Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers in its operations.
HRS4R, Charter & Code
The Human Resources Strategy for Researchers Incorporating the Charter & Code (HRS4R) is a tool to support the systematic implementation of the Charter & Code in the human resources policies of organisations. The Charter & Code (C&C) refers to two European documents:
• European Charter for Researchers and
• Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers
These two documents provide means to achieve a transparent and open labour market for researchers. They include general principles and requirements associated with the positions, obligations and rights of researchers and their employers, as well as with the recruitment of researchers. A research institution implementing the Charter & Code will be seen as a more attractive and stimulating working environment for researchers who are looking for a new employer or host for their research project. In addition, researchers can rely on that the recruitment and appraisal procedures are fair and transparent in organisations implementing the Charter and Code.
The process will be implemented in five steps:
- Internal gap analysis
- Creation of action plan
- Review of the completed analysis and action plan by the EU -> the EU will acknowledge the organisation with the right to use the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo.
- Self-assessment of progress in the implementation of the action plan within two years.
- External evaluation carried out every four years.
HRS4R Process at JYU and JYU Action Plan
The HR Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) steering group guides the HRS4R process and supervises its implementation at the University of Jyväskylä.
The first three steps of the HRS4R process at the University of Jyväskylä.