Courses for exchange students
Please see the instructions for choosing courses first.
Instructions for choosing your courses
Summer & Winter Schools
- Jyväskylä Summer School in Human Sciences (May-June)
- Jyväskylä Summer School in Natural Sciences and IT (August) for Master's / doctoral students and post-docs
- Summer School of Applied Language Studies (June)
- Winter School In Ecology (in February for students majoring in Biology)
- Winter School in Sport Sciences (in January)
In one academic year, the full load of credits is 60 ECTS credits (30 credits per semester).
You can choose courses from the curriculum of your host department and/or from the above-mentioned international study programmes arranged at the University of Jyväskylä. However, there are some restrictions that have to be taken into consideration:
- some courses may require pre-enrolment (especially courses including seminars, workshops, laboratory work or other work in small groups) and
- some courses may have some prerequisites that the participants must fulfill.
Please get in touch with your departmental international affairs coordinator for more information on courses.
Please note that as a rule
the Department of Communication (apart from the Intercultural Studies programme) offers courses to those students only who come within the framework of the department's own exchange agreements.
the English studies at the Department of Languages are open to those students only who come within the framework of the section's own exchange agreements.
Participation in the courses of the School of Business and Economics and the Faculty of Sport and Health Sciences is also restricted if you are not an exchange student of these faculties.