Recognition of foreign qualifications

The Finnish National Board of Education makes decisions on the recognition of foreign qualifications. You can apply for their decision on the following cases:

1. Comparability of the level of a non-Finnish higher education qualification with a Finnish higher education degree. If you have a non-Finnish higher education degree it may be recognized as comparable to a polytechnic bachelor’s or master’s degree, a university bachelor’s or master’s degree, or a postgraduate university licentiate or doctoral degree completed in Finland.

2. Eligibility for a regulated profession in Finland. A regulated profession refers to a position for which the Finnish legislation specifies a certain educational qualification or certain studies. Regulated professions include both public sector posts and professions requiring professional practice rights.

See detailed information on how to apply for recognition of qualification.

Further information: