Travelling abroad

As an employee of the University of Jyväskylä you will be covered by the University’s travel or assignment insurance when travelling abroad for business.

In addition to the business travel insurance provided by the employer, you may apply for a personal European Health Insurance card from Kela. By presenting the card, you can obtain necessary medical treatment during a temporary residence in another EU/EEA country or Switzerland. The European Health Insurance Card is available to everyone covered by the Finnish health insurance system.

In case of personal travelling, remember to buy a travel insurance even if you have the European Health Insurance Card, since it will only cover health care expenses, and not luggage or cancelled flights.

Taxation during trips / travelling abroad

For a foreign citizen, it is important to check the taxation each time you travel abroad for a longer period of time (more than 2 months)

More information: