Most common login problems
1. Login failed.
If you have tried logging in either from "Login with University of Jyväskylä's user account" or "Login with other university's user account" and get the error below, possible reasons are:
Problem: You entered an incorrect username and/or password OR You are trying to use a Korppi internal password which only is used in Korppi and Koppa:
Solution: You can login to Optima with your University of Jyväskylä's user account and password. The user account is the same that is used in Korppi, but you may have different password set up in Korppi.
- If you aren't able to log in to Optima with the password used in Korppi, change your password in http://salasana.jyu.fi. After this it's recommended for you to use the new password in both Korppi and Optima
- If you can't login to change your password in salasana.jyu.fi, you can get new password by using your personal e-bank ID (Osuuspankki, Nordea or Sampopankki) from address https://salasana.jyu.fi/pankkitunnistus/
Problem: Your user account has expired
Solution: You can login to Optima only if your university user account is active.
- If you are a student in the Open University of University of Jyväskylä and you are entitled to study, contact Service desk (firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone number 014-2603600) and ask for your user account to be continued.
- If you are a student in the Open University of University of Jyväskylä and you are not entitled to study, see guide from Open University's site
- If you are student in the University of Jyväskylä and you have properly enrolled, contact the Service desk (email@example.com or telephone number 014-2603600)
Problem: You are not authorized to access this service
Solution: Your University of Jyväskylä's username has to be separately activated in Optima
- If you are a staff member and haven't previously used Optima, contact Optima-support
- If you are a student and haven't previously used Optima, wait calmly. Your account to Optima is activated automatically when you enroll for a course which uses Optima and the teacher transfers the students to Optima.
2. Password does not match with your user account.
Problem: Your username is right but password is wrong.
Solution: Check your password. If you have forgotten your password, contact Optima-support.
3. The user account you gave does not seem to exist.
Problem: The user account you have given is not in University of Jyväskylä's Optima.
- If you are a University of Jyväskylä's student or a member of staff or a student in the Open University of University of Jyväskylä and you have a user account to University of Jyväskylä, about 8 characters in length: you are trying to input your user account and password to the wrong field. Login to Optima from "Login with University of Jyväskylä's user account".
- If you are a student of Kokkola University Consortium Chydenius, check your user account, password and the address of Optima. If needed, contact Optima-support
- If you are not a student or staff in neither University of Jyväskylä or Kokkola University Consortium Chydenius, check which organisation's Optima you are supposed to log in to.