Jyväskylä University School of Business and Economics

Independently abroad

Organising your study abroad period independently at a university which does not have an exchange agreement with the University of Jyväskylä.


You can also organise your study abroad period independently, outside exchange programmes. In that case you need to be active and contact the universities by yourself. Many universities accept so-called visiting student or freemover- students outside exchange programmes. Nevertheless, remember that you may need to pay tuition fees. In addition, official language tests are often required.

When organising your study period abroad outside university's exchange programmes, it is very important to discuss it with your personal study plan adviser to make sure that the studies can be accepted as a part of your degree. Please note that the study place needs to be a university-level institution offering degrees on a doctoral level. After discussing with your study advisor, you should inform the international coordinator of JSBE about your plans.

Please note that study abroad packages offered by companies or organisations other than the university are considered as freemover places.

Independently abroad  International office's instructions for organising your student exchange independently.





JSBE research seminar

Seminar for everyone interested in high quality research in economics and business economics (program).