Welcome to the Department of Chemistry
The main areas of research and teaching are structural chemistry, renewable natural resources and chemistry of living environment, computational chemistry and spectroscopy, and supramolecular chemistry. Furthermore attention is paid on development of high quality education in chemistry, especially education of chemistry teachers.
The Department of Chemistry at the University of Jyväskylä, located in Central Finland, is a world class research institution training chemists for diverse jobs in industry, education, and academic research.
The department has well-equipped laboratories including joint facilities with material science, physics, biology, and nanoscience in the interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center in the Ylistönrinne campus.
- Seminar: How to apply PhD positions, PhD work, grant insurances? on 28th of March at 14:00-17:00 in KEM3 Feb 28, 2017
- The Jyväskylä Summer School: an unique academic, cultural, and personal journey - Apply now! Feb 28, 2017
- A new organization structure of Faculty of Mathematics and Science from 1st January, 2017 Feb 28, 2017
- Student ambassadors at your service Feb 29, 2016
- Get to know our Faculty: YouTube videos from Faculty of Mathematics and Science Feb 29, 2016