Inverse Days 2012
The 18th Inverse Days will be held on December 17-19, 2012, in Jyväskylä in Finland. The conference venue is auditorium MaD259 at the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Jyväskylä, situated on the Mattilanniemi campus.
The Inverse Days conference is the annual meeting of the Finnish Inverse Problems Society, and is part of the activity of the Finnish Centre of Excellence in Inverse Problems Research.
See the schedule and list of abstracts. The scientific programme begins on Monday 17 December at 13.15, and the conference ends on Wednesday 19 December at 15.00. The conference events will take place in the following locations (see map):
Conference rooms: MaD259 and MaD302 in the second and third floors of the MaD building, address Ahlmaninkatu 2, Jyväskylä.
Lunch: Wilhelmiina in the MaA building just next MaD.
Sauna event and dinner: Survon kartano, address Siltakatu 25, Jyväskylä (bus transportation is provided).
Conference dinner: Hotel Alba located 100 m away from the MaD building, address Ahlmaninkatu 4, Jyväskylä.
All presentations will have a total length of 30 minutes, with 25 minutes for the talk and 5 minutes for questions. The conference rooms are equipped with computer projectors, overhead projectors and blackboards. The titles and abstracts for the talks should be sent by email to Francis Chung (fjchung 'at' gmail.com). The email should include the speaker's name, institution, and title of talk. The abstract should be in TeX, text or pdf format.
The registration for the conference is now closed. The conference fee is 160 EUR and it includes conference material, lunches and coffee breaks on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, sauna and dinner on Monday, and conference dinner on Tuesday. All registered participants are asked to pay the conference fee (160 EUR) to the following bank account:
- Account owner: Suomen inversioseura
- IBAN number: FI72 1012 3000 2079 18
- SWIFT/BIC code: NDEAFIHH
- Reference number (viitenumero): members of the Finnish Inverse Problems Society may use their personal number found on this webpage, and others may use '500 5'.
Bank transfer as described above is the preferred method for paying the conference fee, but it is also possible to pay in cash at the conference venue.
List of participants
See this webpage.
Questions about the conference may be sent to the following email address: inversedays2012 'at' gmail.com.
The participants are requested to arrange their own accommodation.
- Hotel Alba. This hotel is on the Mattilanniemi campus, only 100 m from the conference venue and 1500 m from downtown. The conference dinner is also at Hotel Alba. Tel. +358 (0)14 636 311, Fax +358 (0) 14 636 300, email@example.com.
- Sokos Hotel Alexandra. Tel. +358 (0)20 1234 640, Fax +358 (0)10 7851 003, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Cumulus. Tel. +358 (0)14 653 211, Fax: +358 (0)14 653 299, email@example.com.
- Hotel Milton. Tel. +358 (0)14 3377 900, Fax +358 (0)14 631 927, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Omenahotelli. This hotel has no reception. Bookings through the website only.
The conference venue is the MaD building at Ahlmaninkatu 2 on the Mattilanniemi campus, 1500 m from downtown Jyväskylä and from the railway station. It is possible to walk from downtown to the conference venue (see map). Taking a taxi will cost around 10 €, and a bus will cost 3.20 € (local bus 5 goes from downtown to Mattilanniemi, see this webpage for bus schedules).
For travelling to Jyväskylä:
- The Jyväskylä airport has flight connections to Helsinki (operated by Flybe) and Tallinn (operated by Estonian Air). There is a bus connection between the airport and downtown (8 € each way), and a taxi will cost 40-50 €. Alternatively, it is possible to fly to Helsinki and take a train or bus connection to Jyväskylä. If going by train, local bus 61 goes from Helsinki-Vantaa airport to Tikkurila railway station where trains to Jyväskylä will depart from.
- There are several train connections each day between Helsinki and Jyväskylä. The trip takes around three hours, and may involve a change of train in Tampere. Consult VR (the Finnish railway company) for timetables and prices.
- There are bus connections between Jyväskylä and major cities in Finland. See Matkahuolto for timetables and prices.
We gratefully acknowledge financial support from the Finnish Centre of Excellence in Inverse Problems Research and from the Department of Mathematics and Statistics of the University of Jyväskylä.
Home pages of past Inverse Days
- Inverse Days 2011
- Inverse Days 2010
- Inverse Days 2009
- Inverse Days 2008
- Inverse Days 2007
- Inverse Days 2006
- Inverse Days 2005
- Inverse Days 2004
- Inverse Days 2003
- Inverse Days 2002
- Inverse Days 2001