travel documents



Finland is a member of the Schengen agreement. Conference participants from European Union member states, Nordic countries and countries listed in the list of visa-free states are not required to have visas to visit Finland. However, conference participants should have appropriate travel documents like Passport.

Conference participants from countries requiring a visa should contact the nearest Finnish embassy in good time for visa application procedures. Websites of the Finnish embassies in different countries can be found here. For additional information please visit the website of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland.

Letter of invitation

If you need a formal invitation letter to get visa, please send a request to the via email. Please note that an invitation letter can be sent to you only if your abstract is accepted or you have registered.


The University of Jyväskylä does not insure participants. Acquiring a medical insurance is recommended for all participants and it is at the participant’s responsibility. Please make sure that you have your own travel insurance when you arrive in Finland. Citizens of EU and EEA countries are covered by the National Health Insurance Scheme administered by the Social Insurance Institution (KELA). To be eligible for these benefits, participants need to bring with them their European Health Insurance Card from the local social security office in their home country. You can also obtain a private insurance in addition to this.

Money exchange

Accepts all credit cards (Visa, Euro card, MasterCard, Cirrus and EC) at most major stores, hotels, and restaurants. Credit cards can be used to withdraw cash from any cash dispenser marked with the Otto logo throughout Finland 24 hours a day.