Housing researchers from three different departments, NSC is one of the most eminent hallmarks of excellence in research at the University of Jyväskylä. Its cross-disciplinary approaches enable research ranging from fundamental theory to commercial solutions. It houses 15 professors and nearly 150 researchers – biologists, chemists, and physicists – doing research for cutting-edge scientific discoveries and for practical applications.
- Research focuses on molecular nanosystems, where cross-disciplinary approaches are expected to result in new innovations.
- Executive group of the Nanoscience Center
- Nanoscience Center has invited an International Advisory Board to evaluate its research every second year.
- Since 2007 Nanoscience Center has provided a B.Sc program in nanoscience. The international M.Sc. program in nanoscience has been educating multidisciplinary masters a few years longer. Typically approximately 70 students head for PhD degree.
- The nano sauna with a spacious meeting room is also housed on the third floor of NSC.