Inauguration of NMR Laboratory of Nanoscience Center on 15th June, 2016 at 14:30-16:00
Nanoscience Center became an associate member of LASERLAB-EUROPE
The 26th Jyväskylä Summer School - The application period is open!
ISSPIC18 conference in Paviljonki, 14th – 19th of August, 2016
Nanoscience seminars on Friday afternoons at 1 o'clock
New practicalities of Nanoscience Center
Housing researchers from three different departments, NSC is one of the most eminent hallmarks of excellence in research at the University of Jyväskylä. Its cross-disciplinary approaches enable research ranging from fundamental theory to commercial solutions. It houses 15 professors and nearly 150 researchers – biologists, chemists, and physicists – doing research for cutting-edge scientific discoveries and for practical applications.
- Research focuses on molecular nanosystems, where cross-disciplinary approaches are expected to result in new innovations.
- Executive group of the Nanoscience Center
- Nanoscience Center has invited an International Advisory Board to evaluate its research every second year.
- Since 2007 Nanoscience Center has provided a B.Sc program in nanoscience. The international M.Sc. program in nanoscience has been educating multidisciplinary masters a few years longer. Typically approximately 70 students head for PhD degree.
- The nano sauna with a spacious meeting room is also housed on the third floor of NSC.