Jyväversitas - cooperation projects to streamline studying
Jyväversitas is a new cooperation method for finding new initiatives to support, motivate and streamline studying at the University of Jyväskylä. The initiative was launched by the Student Union of the University of Jyväskylä, using the Universitas model of the universities of Oulu and Turku as an example. In Jyväskylä, the model was tailored to suit the spirit of Student Life development.
Join student projects to develop studying!
The Student Life developers and the Student Union of
the University of Jyväskylä will launch a new function that aims at developing study support from a student perspective. By resourcing two joint projects for 2016, we invite students and staff to join the development work. Both projects are supported with at the most 15,000 euro.
Application round closed.
Thank you for your activity - we received eight applications!
Funding decision will be made in Feb 26th.
Focus on students’ needs
Student Life implements development projects that promote academic studying or help students’ growth in their work. With these projects we wish to bring forward student needs that students themselves find important for smooth progress of their studies.
In cooperation with staff
The support and expertise of teaching and guidance staff is important for the projects. Therefore, the purpose is to implement the projects as a collaboration of students and staff. This ensures the realisation of common goals and that students operating in the projects get support for their possible problems. In addition, the Student Life developers and the experts of the Student Union support project groups in their work.
What kind of projects do we want?
The projects must meet the following criteria:
- The project is realised by a student or group of students in cooperation with at least one department or unit (is supported by the expertise of staff)
- The project is implemented in 2016.
- The project must promote or develop studying conditions.
- The theme of the project is preferably related or supplementary to ongoing Student Life development projects.
- The results must serve a broad group of students and are preferably transferable to the use of other disciplines.
- The project results in something long-term.
- Both mono- and multidisciplinary groups are possible.
- The project may be part of studies or separate to them.
Excluded project topics
- Individual events
- Study trips
- Subject-specific topics that are not transferable
- Teaching materials.
Project funding, applications and selection
Two selected projects will be funded up to 15,000 euro by compensating expenses. The chosen project support sum is relatively high because we want to tempt slightly more demanding and far-reaching projects and applicants who have a possibility to focus on and commit to the project. The support funding also allows hiring one or more students to the project. NOTICE! The work payment will paid on hourly basis, not as a monthly salary. (clarification on Feb 3,16). Two projects will be selected on the basis of applications. The selection is made by the Student Life steering group. If necessary, it is possible to organise an advisory online vote between the presented projects.
Feel free to ask us more!
- Student Life Coordinator Tapio Anttonen, Division of Strategic Planning and Development
- Specialist in Academic Affairs Joachim Kratochvil, Student Union of the University of Jyväskylä
- Director of Strategic Planning and Development Kari Pitkänen, Division of Strategic Planning and Development
- Executive Director Mari Kröger, Student Union of the University of Jyväskylä