The Department of Biological and Environmental Science
- Call for admission to doctoral studies starting earliest 1 August 2017 Mar 31, 2017
- What happened in the Faculty in 2016? Mar 31, 2017
- The Jyväskylä Summer School: an unique academic, cultural, and personal journey - Apply now! Mar 31, 2017
- Get to know our Faculty: YouTube videos from Faculty of Mathematics and Science Mar 31, 2016
The Department of Biological and Environmental Science offers high-quality teaching and is founded on excellent research activities. The Department is one of the largest at the University of Jyväskylä, and consists of two major educational and research divisions:
Students at the Department of Biological and Environmental Science receive training at the basic level in all areas, and then tailor their advanced studies within their major subject area for completion of B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. degrees. The Department is home to many non-Finnish students and staff, and teaching is done in both Finnish and English (see Studies). Additionally, we offer the International Masters Programme in Aquatic Sciences and participate in other multi-disciplinary International Masters Programmes: Nanoscience, Renewable Energy and Development and International Cooperation.
- Center of Excellence in Biological Interactions Research (2012-2017)
- Centre of Excellence in Evolutionary Research (2006-2011)
by the Finnish Academy of Sciences. For more details about these and other research activities within each section, see each of the divisions. For a complete list of the publications see the pages Research and Publications.