The Department of Biological and Environmental Science
Illness before or during an annual holiday
Instructions, if the employee wishes to have his/her annual holiday postponed
- Holidays of the administration services of the faculty
- Inauguration of NMR Laboratory of Nanoscience Center on 15th June, 2016 at 14:30-16:00
- Annual Report of the Faculty 2015
- An associate professor (tenure track) in Aquatic Environmental Science position open
- Nanoscience Center became an associate member of LASERLAB-EUROPE
- The 26th Jyväskylä Summer School on 3th - 19th August, 2016
- A Call for Admission to Doctoral Studies
The Department of Biological and Environmental Science offers high-quality teaching and is founded on excellent research activities. The Department is one of the largest at the University of Jyväskylä, and consists of four major educational and research divisions:
- Aquatic Sciences
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Environmental Science and Technology.
Students at the Department of Biological and Environmental Science receive training at the basic level in all areas, and then tailor their advanced studies within their major subject area for completion of B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. degrees. The Department is home to many non-Finnish students and staff, and teaching is done in both Finnish and English (see Studies). Additionally, we offer the International Masters Programme in Aquatic Sciences and participate in other multi-disciplinary International Masters Programmes: Nanoscience, Renewable Energy and Development and International Cooperation.
- Center of Excellence in Biological Interactions Research (2012-2017)
- Centre of Excellence in Evolutionary Research (2006-2011)
by the Finnish Academy of Sciences. For more details about these and other research activities within each section, see each of the divisions. For a complete list of the publications see the pages Research and Publications.