The Department of Biological and Environmental Science
- The Professor Rocks 2016 - Rock 'n' Roll and Rockabilly on 5th of November starting at 21:00
- Join for a webinar on 24th of October at 06:00pm - Get your Master’s and study science
- Do you have a idea for the future well-being? Take part in the Helsinki Challenge competition!
- Be part of the Jyväskylä Winter School of Ecology and apply now!
- YouTube videos from Faculty of Mathematics and Science
- 865 000€ Academy of Finland’s Key project funding for the Faculty
- Administrative practicalities of Nanoscience Center
The Department of Biological and Environmental Science offers high-quality teaching and is founded on excellent research activities. The Department is one of the largest at the University of Jyväskylä, and consists of four major educational and research divisions:
Students at the Department of Biological and Environmental Science receive training at the basic level in all areas, and then tailor their advanced studies within their major subject area for completion of B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. degrees. The Department is home to many non-Finnish students and staff, and teaching is done in both Finnish and English (see Studies). Additionally, we offer the International Masters Programme in Aquatic Sciences and participate in other multi-disciplinary International Masters Programmes: Nanoscience, Renewable Energy and Development and International Cooperation.
- Center of Excellence in Biological Interactions Research (2012-2017)
- Centre of Excellence in Evolutionary Research (2006-2011)
by the Finnish Academy of Sciences. For more details about these and other research activities within each section, see each of the divisions. For a complete list of the publications see the pages Research and Publications.