Top-level Research and High-quality Teaching
The main areas at the department are mathematical analysis, statistics, stochastics and teacher education in mathematics.
The department has a strong and internationally recognized tradition in mathematical analysis. The department is a member of the network sharing the status for The Finnish Centre of Excellence in Inverse Problems for the years 2012-2017. The department has The Finnish Center of Excellence in Analysis and Dynamics Research also for the years 2014-2019.
Christopher Hopper (Aalto Univ.): Partial Regularity for Holonomic Minimisers of Quasiconvex Functionals
Analysis Seminar Wed 1.3. at 14:15-15:15 MaD380
Cristopher Hopper (Aalto univ.): Partial Regularity for Holonomic Minimisers of Quasiconvex Functionals
Seminar on Stochastics and PDEs Wed 1.3. at 14:15-15:00 MaD380
Yi 'Eero' Zhang: Elementary proof(s) of boundedness of Cauchy integral operator
Graduate student seminar 3.3.2017 takes place at room MaD381 at 13:00–14:00
- Team POCKIT as semifinalist for Helsinki challenge! Jan 31, 2017
- A new organization structure of Faculty of Mathematics and Science from 1st January, 2017 Jan 31, 2017
- Student ambassadors at your service Jan 31, 2016
- Be part of the Jyväskylä Winter School of Ecology and apply now! Jan 31, 2016
- Get to know our Faculty: YouTube videos from Faculty of Mathematics and Science Jan 31, 2016