Top-level Research and High-quality Teaching
The main areas at the department are mathematical analysis, statistics, stochastics and teacher education in mathematics.
The department has a strong and internationally recognized tradition in mathematical analysis. The department is a member of the network sharing the status for The Finnish Centre of Excellence in Inverse Problems for the years 2012-2017. The department has The Finnish Center of Excellence in Analysis and Dynamics Research also for the years 2014-2019.
- Academy funding for eight research projects, in total 3,8 M€.
- “Why and to whom my research is important?”
- Public lecture by prof. Marlene Zuk on 11th of August at 05:00-06:00pm in YAA303
- Holidays of the administration services of the faculty
- The 26th Jyväskylä Summer School on 3th - 19th August, 2016