Top-level Research and High-quality Teaching
The main areas at the department are mathematical analysis, statistics, stochastics and teacher education in mathematics.
The department has a strong and internationally recognized tradition in mathematical analysis. The department is a member of the network sharing the status for The Finnish Centre of Excellence in Inverse Problems for the years 2012-2017. The department has The Finnish Center of Excellence in Analysis and Dynamics Research also for the years 2014-2019.
Mauno Keto (University of Jyväskylä): On overall sampling strategy for efficient small area estimation
Tilastotieteen tutkijaseminaari perjantaina 28.10. klo 10:15-11:15 salissa MaA 210 / Statistics Seminar on Friday October 14th at 10:15-11:15 in MaA 210.
Eero Ruosteenoja Reading Seminar: Pontryagin's maximum principle
Seminar on Stochastics and PDEs Fr October 28, 12:15–14:00 @ MaD381
- Join for a webinar on 24th of October at 06:00pm - Get your Master’s and study science
- Do you have a idea for the future well-being? Take part in the Helsinki Challenge competition!
- Farewell lecture by emeritus professor Juha Äystö on 28th of October at 12:00 in FYS1
- Be part of the Jyväskylä Winter School of Ecology and apply now!
- YouTube videos from Faculty of Mathematics and Science
- 865 000€ Academy of Finland’s Key project funding for the Faculty
- Administrative practicalities of Nanoscience Center