Top-level Research and High-quality Teaching
The main areas at the department are mathematical analysis, statistics, stochastics and teacher education in mathematics.
The department has a strong and internationally recognized tradition in mathematical analysis. The department is a member of the network sharing the status for The Finnish Centre of Excellence in Inverse Problems for the years 2012-2017. The department has The Finnish Center of Excellence in Analysis and Dynamics Research also for the years 2014-2019.
Jan Maas (IST Austria): Discrete Ricci curvature and functional inequalities for interacting particle systems
Analysis seminar, Wednesday 4.5.2016, at 14:15-15:15, MaD380
- Inauguration of NMR Laboratory of Nanoscience Center on 15th June, 2016 at 14:30-16:00
- Annual Report of the Faculty 2015
- An associate professor (tenure track) in Aquatic Environmental Science position open
- An associate professor (tenure track) in Mathematics position open
- Nanoscience Center became an associate member of LASERLAB-EUROPE
- The 26th Jyväskylä Summer School - The application period is open!