Welcome to the Faculty of Information Technology
Russian-Finnish seminar on History of Science 5.10.
Rebekah Rousi: "Multisensoreality in IT - how the senses are informing the future internet" 30.9.
Agora ICT Forum: "Accessibility and Inclusive Design for ICT" / Markku Hakkinen 26.9.
Three lectures on "Innovative thinking in ICT" 13.-15.9.
Agora ICT Forum: Evon Holladay "US Health(care) Briefing, USA – Finland Comparisons" 30.8.
The Faculty is the first and largest of its kind in Finland and was founded in 1998. However, Information Systems Science has been taught at the University of Jyväskylä since 1967.
Currently, there are more than 1500 Bachelor's and Master's level students and 150 doctoral level students studying in the Faculty of Information Technology. There are nearly 200 members of staff working in the Faculty.
The Faculty has an international atmosphere:
- 10% of all Master's Degree students are international
- 40% of all PhD students are international
- 20% of all staff at the Faculty are international
- 30+ incoming and outgoing exchange students annually
- Two internationally recruiting Master's Degree Programmes delivered in English