Welcome to the Faculty of Information Technology
Guest lecture on Design, development and implementation of technologies for service systems 5.4.
Visiting lectures 'Neural Network and Categorization' by Prof. Pierre Andry 3.-5.4.
Agora ICT-forum: Genetic strategies towards personalized medicine 22.3.
Agora ICT-forum: Genome data and machine learning tools in estimating breast cancer risk 20.3.
Super Gate -pitchaustilaisuus ja Team Matchmaking 22.2.
The Faculty is the first and largest of its kind in Finland and was founded in 1998. However, Information Systems Science has been taught at the University of Jyväskylä since 1967.
Currently, there are more than 1500 Bachelor's and Master's level students and 150 doctoral level students studying in the Faculty of Information Technology. There are nearly 200 members of staff working in the Faculty.
The Faculty has an international atmosphere:
- 10% of all Master's Degree students are international
- 40% of all PhD students are international
- 20% of all staff at the Faculty are international
- 30+ incoming and outgoing exchange students annually
- Two internationally recruiting Master's Degree Programmes delivered in English